dear users,

having considered purchasing a pair of M60's, and not knowing the fundamental difference between receivers, amplifiers, ohms and tons of channels and characteristics, i would like to know what should i look for to hook up these speakers.

my main goal is stereo music, considering a denon avr-2809 or a yamaha dsp-ax863se, for example. to this i would connect a decent turntable (rega p1 is to my budget already decent), a cd player, probably a tuner (if it's not already in the amplifier) and that's it.

now i have two possibilities: multi-channel receiver/amplifier or stereo amplifier. a shop owner told me stereo amplifiers are always better quality and too much inside one of these a/v does it no good. but maybe in the future i want to migrate to a surround system. that's a possibility. what's not is purchasing a second amplifier for this purpose if the one i'm about to consider is stereo only.

what do you guys think about this? what should i look for to connect the m60's in a modest price range? i'm not an audiophile, so i can't spend too much money on expensive brands.

to all of you m60 owners, what amplifier should i use, and also what cd player, turntable?

i'm thinking of buying but will only do in 4 months time. should we have this conversation later on because of new models coming out or should i be aware of price opportunities, like the yamaha amplifier i mentioned?

thank you very much in advance to all of you.

best regards,
tertuliano.