Originally Posted By: alan
Hello Joe,

While we'd all like to believe that Audyssey's automatic calibration and EQ is an audio panacea, it isn't, and it's error prone. I suggest you use your Radio Shack Sound Pressure Meter and adjust the levels and distances manually. You can tweak the levels of your surround speakers, subwoofer and center channel by ear if necessary later on.

Leave Audyssey Equalization switched off. As you've discovered, with really linear speakers like Axioms, Audyssey may degrade sound quality.

Incidentally, it is pink noise (not white noise) that is used. Pink noise has equal energy per musical octave; white noise has equal energy per frequency, so it's heavily biased towards the upper midrange and high frequencies.

Regards,

Alan

Wow! Not sure what to say here. I completely disagree. It is statements like this the make me really wonder... What is the motive. How is it error prone? What experience do you have with the product?

I guess all I can really say is with my Axiom's in my room, Audyssey makes a world of difference.