Recently got the DVD Essentials - HD Basic on BluRay to fine tune my brand new Samsung 46" 750 series LCD TV.

First impressions are that this disc looks and feels almost the same as the original, with some of the same old pictures etc.. that's not a good thing in my opinion. I find it difficult to actualy go through a calibration and to be honest, have not managed to complete a full calibration yet. It's just as clumsy as the original, you listen to some information for a long time and there is no clear indication as to "when" you are supposed to "adjust" your set.. not intuitive at all. Joe Kane could have and should have done a much better job with this one, instead of cludging on some HD to the old original one.

I'm not a noob with this stuff at all and I'm having a hard time figuring this disc / procedure out.

I need some advice, tips etc.. on how best to achieve proper calibration with this disc, has anyone here used it sucessfuly ?

Thanks
Steph

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400