Bob,

One thing I’ve learned over the past decade working with people, is that it is rarely WHAT you say, but HOW it is said that matters. In fact, body language alone can totally hose up your message although what you say and how you say it was perfect. You started down a rabbit hole with your curt response to Mark. Whether you meant to be curt or not, that how the message was received. Your question at that point became meaningless. Take that input for what it’s worth. I can assure you that I have taken my lumps on this board, many times. I’ve learned to be more careful how I say things. Either that or everyone else has just given up and gives me a wide berth.

Regarding your original question, I have not heard the speakers you mention. I do however have a whole slew of Axiom speakers, and have spent many hours listening to Paradigm, B/W, Wilson….bla-bla-bla. I own a set of Wharfendale Opus 2’s that I use for my two channel rig. Way different sound than the Axioms, but at the same time, similar. A contradictory statement I know, but it’s true. They are both detailed, sharp, hard hitting mid range and plenty of low end. However, they are uniquely different and I prefer different music on each. Alison Kraus sounds incredible with the Axioms. Breaking Benjamin sounds horrible. Pink Floyd DSOTF on SACD sound terrific on both, but the edge goes to the M80’s. Older mixed hard rock and heavy metal sound better on the Opus 2’s.

Really, no jabs intended, but when you ask someone what they think about how a thing sounds or looks, you get their bias that they have developed through their own life experiences. I absolutely hate cooked pees………YUK-YUK-YUK. But I love split pee soup…..

Again, there was nothing wrong with your question and I doubt anyone here would steer you one way or the other. What started the feather ruffling was the response, which I’m sure you probably did not intend to come across the way it was received.

I hope you stick around. You have a good wit to you. You’ll get along just fine and be asking advice about Vacuum cleaners before long and Peter will be helping you fix your laptop…. You wont find a more helpful, courteous and friendly on-line community than here. That’s why I still visit. I am not a forum junky or have a lot of time to kill sitting on my ass.