Bob, I only read half the thread, but I'll try to get it back on track. You should definitely get the Martin Logans. They sound fantastic, and they look cool. Hearing SRV's Vodoo Chile on SACD on the big ML’s flipped a switch I have not been able to turn off. I heard them on a $125K system, so this is a no-budget recommendation. Of course, I have since learned that all amps and all wire sounds the same, so you could cut that cost in half getting rid of the Krell and B&K components and the fine-ass wire they used.

Your question was about the Martin Logans you bought right?? Like I said, I only ready every other entry.

If you are not looking to drop $125K, I think the M80s are fantastic sounding speakers...not really. I've never even heard them. But the QS8s are damn impressive, my PSBs are damn impressive, and I have heard equal acclaim for M80s as I have for my PSB's. (More for the M80 actually.) The Canadian speakers apparently all sound very similar within spec groups. Axiom uses good parts, and good design, at a low price.

As for getting your ass kicked on this thread, it happens. See my first thread; I just asked why Axiom put banana plugs on the QS8s that could not be used with Axiom banana plugs on the Axiom T-bracket. Turned nasty quick as I hit a nerve in the “it all sounds the same” crowd. [Watch out, it will probably happen again, DUCK.] Some of the old men in the barber shop get tired of answering the same questions over the years. But that's the price of free advice.

And remember, you are talking about an internet only speaker that is considered a value. If price is not a major concern, you probably are better going with a local dealer that has Paradigms and MA and ML and PSBs, etc., you can A/B and possibly return. If you are looking for high value, it seems to me the Axioms are a no brainer. So just relax. . .sorry, sorry, wrong advice. . . just work on an outline of your review of the M80s for when they arrive. Outline the disks you want to hear, the movies to watch, the DSP meters to buy, etc. That should trigger another 34 threads that may elicit some real interesting responses as compared to the “how do they stack up” threads that tend to go down in flames.

But thanks for the thread, this was a fun read, since it was not mine. [Flame on!]

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire