I shopped for MA speakers a few years ago. Spent a couple hours in a local demo room switching back and forth between different models. I listened to the S6, S8, and GR10. The Silver series speakers were in the same room and I was able to switch back and forth between the two. After a lot of listening, I liked the smaller S6 better. Although it didn't play quite as low, I thought it had a better balance of tone and sound. The extra driver in the S8 muddied up the midrange just a bit.

Still, I ended up getting the GR10 bookshelf speakers. Overall, the Gold series was VERY similar to the Silver but had a more three dimensional presentation to the music with a tad more detail in the top end.

When I listened, these were the previous iterations of the current MA lines. I believe they still sound very similar with only minor cosmetic differences, respectively.

Looking back, I probably would have prefered the Silver series over the Gold because I found out I liked a more laid back speaker. Just my personal preference.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose