Laura, your room looks like an oasis of sound. I would make one suggestion that should cost less than the Emotiva amp, but ask that other comment before you would act, as I am no expert. But the hardwood walls and glass are the likely cause of your dissatisfaction. They look great - I love wood - but you are getting reflections going that won't end any time soon. My suggestion: consider putting a heavy drapes along each wall. you can open them when you want, but during critical listening, they will keep the image clear. Cost is dependant on style and DIY skill, but for less than a new or used amp I think you could up your sound quality dramatically.

Hopefully other will jump in, but you have the makings a great oasis, but you are dealing with a room almost as active as the hypothetical cement bunker used to explain echos and reflections. But a new amp won't fix this. You have to kill the reflections and the improvement will floor you.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire