Originally Posted By: mdrew
Onkyo is no exception. Don’t expect too much from them. Even my projector, RS-20, which has the Reon is handcuffed. I am dismally disappointed with its performance. JVC has botched the implementation of that chip. I had hoped that it would do well enough that I could get rid of my DVDO VP50pro because it adds a level of complexity to my HT that has given me many headaches when I have to troubleshoot it via phone with my family is using the HT and I’m not at home. The RS-20 is pathetic in comparison to the Pro…..

I like NAD’s approach. I also like Denon’s approach where you can completely bypass the video processor but still use the GUI. The GUI is ‘overlaid’ onto the video stream, but if you bypass the processing, you get an unmolested video stream – with GUI.

I am starting to get on the that train. I also just noticed that the spanking new (and very attractive) Rotel AVR RSX-1560 and separate pre-pro RSP-1570 do not mention anything regarding video chips, although they pass HDMI 1.3. Looks like several well respected companies (if you like NAD) are looking to take the road less traveled and skip video processing. Interesting.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire