So my speakers arrived today and like a kid on Christmas morning I rushed to the door. All the boxes looked good until the last one off the truck. It had two large holes in it on one side. The driver tried to pass it off as 'nothing' but I insisted on him marking it down as damaged. I brought them into the garage and then unpacked them in the HT room. I opened the damaged box first with much hesitation on what I'd find. There was no physical damage that I noticed. I took the front grill off I noticed what looked like a 'water stain' on the left and right side of the bottom woofer. I called Axiom and Brent is sending me a new one as we speak.
All the other speakers were in pristine shape and I quickly hooked up my front three. I need to buy a drill and level tomorrow to mount the QS8s. The first BR I threw in was 'Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds-Live at Radio City'. No word of a lie, it sent chills down my back and a few times I was almost moved to tears. I was VERY impressed. Next I threw in 'Transformers'. The effects flowed from one side to the next seamlessly.
I put a few CDs in and ran them 'Direct'. The M60s sang like a smooth songbird on a summer morning. NOT bright at all !

Dialogue was clear and crisp but I have to adjust the settings as the M60s were over taking the 150 during intense action scenes.
I ran the auto setup calibration on my Yamaha and it had the M60s set to Large with a crossover at 120. I changed the speakers to small and the crossover to 80. Now I just have to tweak my sub. I find them to be beautifully clear with tight bass, a vibrant midrange, and a crisp smooth high end.
The M60s remind me of the higher end Energy speakers, but more refined. They do not have the huge engulfing soundstage that my previous Klipsch RF82s had. However. That being said, once my speakers are worn in a bit and I can raise the volume to refference levels, I'm sure the sound stage will increase. Also the M60s are not as fatiguing as my Klipsch were at higher volumes.

I am looking forward to spending more time with these, but for now I cant see myself sending these things back !

Good job Axiom !

Joel

Sanyo Z5 HD Projector w/100" screen
Yamaha RXV-663,BD30,HD-A30
Toshiba 55SV670U
M60s
VP150
QS8s