Thanks very much to LucRaymond who kindly opened his home and home theater to me.

He showed me what M22s can do with a subwoofer, small or large. It gives credence to the opinion supported by many that with an appropriate sub, it is not necessary, or much less necessary to have main speakers that have a strong bass.

I also liked very much the effect that can be obtained by playing music in 5.1 and 7.1. The QS8 performance was convincing, and it confirms them as my choice for surrounds; at least one thing solved!

After my auditions with FamilyMan and LucRaymond, who were very generous, I realize that one limitation is that my test CDs were insufficient. I have very few CDs left as I have converted almost all my music to MP3s (high bit rate, but I should have used a lossless format, had I known better).

As inaccurate as it is, my audio memory tells me that the sound I preferred so far was with the Monitor Audio RS6. I don't mean to say they are better than the Axioms, the audition was in different conditions; it was not an A/B comparison. I would like to have a chance to prove to myself that in equivalent conditions, the Axioms are just as good.

Since the MAs also have a nice bass, I may be able to live with them in a 5.0 HT system until I get a sub.

Yamaha HTR-6190, MA RS6 & RS-LCR, DSP-3100, PEL M1, Samsung LN52A750, SA 8300HD, Home Theater PC