1) Today's pictures first, 'cuz, gosh darn it, people like 'em. ;\)
All Pictures
M60s moved away so M80's sound is not affected by their proximity. M80s are spaced 8 1/2' apart.

QS8 7.1 backs, view from front on temporary stands. In this first test location, Q's are:
- 12' apart
- 5' behind primary listening position (Randy, Rick and others with back wall far behind 7.1 ceiling mounted Q's... What distance behind the primary listening position and how far apart are your back Q's mounted? )
- 10" from ceiling
- not tilted

QS8 stands, side view. Hey, maybe I won't ceiling mount the back Q's. Maybe I should just slap a maple stain on the stands and call them a 'feature'. \:D I think Julie would approve. Ha, Ha!

2) Late last night after getting the stands completed, mounting/wiring the Q's and placing them in their first test position, I ran Audyssey on the new Axioms for the first time.

I was blown away! The surround sound for ZZ Top and The Dark Knight BD's was amazing after Audyssey and now with Q's 5' behind list. pos. instead of small bookshelfs 16' away on back wall! ! ! To repeat what I had said before, IMO, in a very large space (31'x23'x 9' in my case), the M80s do a noticeably better job than the M60s. The sound stage is much fuller, richer and deeper with the M80's.

3) Interesting outcome on crossovers that Audyssey set:
- FL +7.0, large/40Hz (I changed to small/80hZ)
- FR +7.0, large/40Hz (I changed to small/80hZ)
- CC +3.5, 80Hz (good)
- SW +1.0 (cool!) LFE/80Hz (from my manual settings)
- SL +6.5, 90Hz (I changed to 80hZ)
- SR +6.5, 90Hz (I changed to 80hZ)
-SBL +6.0, 150Hz (I changed to 80hZ)
-SBR +5.0, 150Hz (I changed to 80hZ)

4) The SPL of the Audyssey 'boinks' (test tones) for all speakers was between 62-65dB on the RS SPL meter at the 12' primary list. pos. Does Audyssey increases ch. levels to get SPL to 75dB? Is that why most ch. levels are set +6 to +7?
Also, I was puzzled that the ch. levels set for the far more efficient (95dB) Axioms was .5 to 1.0 higher than the 90dB sensitivity Bic V-52's (these were at FL,CC,FR,SBL,SBR)!

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."