Now I am wondering if QS8's are not the best back 7.1 speaker option for my particular situation? Way back when I was deciding on what speakers to pick, it seemed there was (mostly) a consensus here that QS8s were a significant improvement over direct firing for side surrounds. For 7.1 backs there was a debate over direct firing vs. radiant firing for backs.

Given my back speaker location of mid ceiling with back wall 11' away and side walls/cabinets 6' and 4' away respectively, yielding a 1909/Audyssey x-over point of 150Hz, is there a better choice?
1) Is the QS8's designed sound dispersion to my listening position diminished significantly by this location in my large room? Is only producing above 150Hz to my listening position evidence of that

2) Might a direct firing speaker work better in this application, like the M2? The M22 would be quite quite large, visually, mid ceiling in kitchen and dining room.

Does anyone on the forum have QS8's mounted mid ceiling, that also uses Audyssey for room EQ? (Randy does not use Audyssey)

Last edited by davekro; 04/15/09 03:55 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."