Originally Posted By: sirquack
Alan and Brent are on the same team, I think Alan is the boss and makes the rules. \:\)

Axiom did many tests in their lab in the past. Denon, HK, SN, and a few others proved to have no issues. Yamaha, Onkyo, to name a few, had issues.

All receivers can drive the m80's, the question is to what levels you push them before the built in circuitry protects them. Current models from Onkyo, Pioneer, and Yamaha have proven to be more compatible.

I figured they work together, and I am sure they are both very qualified to answer the question which is why I was thrown off by their contrast in answers making me hesitant to validate either answer as right or wrong. I was not made aware of any testing and until I got a response from Brent after he took the time to actually look at the manual for the 863 (which as a future customer I find VERY appealing) most of the responses in regards to this question of Ohms sounded more like doubt and or peronal preference in regards to the performance of the Yamaha recievers compared to that of their own. from very knowledgable audiophiles either here or at Audioholics... My major concern of course was doing damage to my brand new receiver which I still have quite a bit to learn about. Because of this I want to be sure and knowledgable about what I am attaching to my receiver to be able to make a smart choice.

With that being said please do not take any of my comments, questions or concerns as disrespectful or inconsiderate... ;\)

Cheers!

Last edited by Mtbound10; 04/16/09 12:18 PM.

Yam 863
Pan 50 Plasma
EMP compacts and sub
Pan BD30