Originally Posted By: sirquack
I'm glad your happy,

Oh, I love upsetting the spell-check police. Your email shows your intent desire to maintain your forum.

If I return the Crown, I think I might go the Odyssey route - they are clearly the best deal I have seen, with Emotiva close behind. But even there, getting to 400 watts per ch gets expensive. I think there are some pro amps that get below .2% and I may try to get one of those. But for $350 (plus $20 in balanced-t-RCA plugs) this is pretty impressive. I looked inside, and this thing has a huge toroidal transformer, but there are many competitors in the sub-$500 class. So why can't Emotiva or Odyssey make a 500 watt (4 ohm) amp with RCA inputs?
I still don't get that. Economics is a part of my daily life and supply and demand should have exploited this issue long ago. Maybe THD is a real impediment to massive power.
There must be something to explain why Crown, QSC, Mackie, Yamaha, and other don't offer a HT version with RCA plugs for half the price of Rotel, et al.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire