QSC G5 Update: Fan noise is a problem in small room with an open amp rack, and low volumes. I wish I could route my signals so that AVR ran until I wanted the QSC beast turned on. If I keep it, which looks very likely, I'll swap out the fan for a lower CFM model. Can't complain about the sound; forgot to turn the sub back one for two days and didn't even notice until I turned on Jurassic Park (on TV) and realized the LFE was missing on Dino steps.

I read the QSC and AVS forums a bit, and I must say it is really funny to see the pro side and HT cross streams. [Ghost Buster fashion!] The pro amp designers warn HT users not to use a pro amp because the power is so much more than the stated max of the speakers. The HT folk beg for more clean power. The Pro amp folks can't understand all the questions about THD, S/N, etc., and the HT folk can't understand the discussions about power consumption and 2 ohm loads.

QSC position of "audiophile" v. pro amps is that the only difference is colling capacity (loud fan) and "bling". So what happened when QSC re-badged a PLX line amp as a HT amp - the price jumped up to match HT offerings. Maybe it is all hype. Heck, on guy compared the QSC to McIntosh and Halo for a month and came away in favor of the cheap QSC. Wild stuff.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire