Originally Posted By: twoears
Oye, Oye, I finally cracked last week and bought new speakers!

I now have a pair of front Monitor Audio RS6 and an RS-LCR center. I added a Paradigm DSP-3100 subwoofer to the mix. And I am using my old Pierre-Etienne Leon M1 as surround until I perhaps decide to replace them with a pair of QS4/8.

I really can't say if they are any better than Axiom. I don't pretend they are, I just don't know, yet.

How did I make the decision? Shopping for speakers is fun but it can also become a torture. I toyed with many scenarios to try, order, wait, test, send back, etc to death. One night, before going to bed I asked myself, what is the point of buying speakers? Simple answer: pleasure, to make myself happy. So, what had I learned in my little exploration experience so far?
- for the pleasure of the ears: MA
- for the pleasure of the eyes: MA
- for the pleasure of having them sooner: MA
- to avoid any displeasure of shipping back and forth: MA

Had I had more patience, I would have tried a kit of M22 + VP100 + QS8, but by then I was tired and impatient. The following day, I was connecting the wires to the new babies.

So far, I like them. They are even supposed to get better after break-in (I know some people do not believe in break-in; I don't know, the salesman said that when they receive new speakers they do not sound the ones that have been broken-in. Perhaps.)

Again, my choice is not the outcome of comparing Axiom and MA. I just picked from what was my best experience so far to put an end to the quest.

So, Family Man, as promised, I could pack the RS6s for trip to meet your M80s. And Luc, you are welcome to join in. The more ears the better.

Thanks to all who helped prolong the agony ;-) and helped to learn a few things in the process.

it would be a pleasure. you are more that welcome to come over again Denis. I have told Luc that i would see his setup as well. I will call him and we could get together here or at Luc's place. i really want to here the MA's

M80-QS8-VP150-EP600-A1400-8
STR-DA5300ES BDPS5000ES.

Mark