So my wife and I finally agree that it's time to get some surround speakers for our home theater / stereo setup. We currently have M22s and a VP100 up front, plus a Velodyne ct-120. Probably half of the a/v usage is for CDs, and the other half DVDs and occasional TV shows. CDs play in stereo-only mode.

To be honest, I was considering getting some cheap surround speakers that would be small and not very noticeable. Then I returned to Axiom's website and the W2 speakers caught my eye. Right now I'm considering the W2s, T2s, and QS4s, but leaning heavily to W2. Will the W2 be an effective surround speaker if they are mounted directly above the couch?

Here's some info about the room. The ceiling height is 7.5 ft and it's 14 ft front to back; however the back wall is only 9 feet wide because it has the hallway entrance on one side, and a connected dining room on the other; mounting on side walls is not possible. Basically the first floor is about 50% dining room / family room in an L shape. The couch is hard up against the 9 foot wall. Even if we went with QS4s, would they really work well when the listeners are sitting directly below the speakers? Perhaps direct radiating speakers would be more appropriate here. Honestly, my wife has a hard time accepting the QS4s aesthetically anyway.

Any opinions on W2 vs. T2? Better bass and imaging?

thanks,
Cooper