Laura,

I have had my MMC-1/MPS-2 setup for over a year now (using only two channels at this time) and the sibilance in the upper frequencies of the audio range still exists.

Separate from that, I also have a hum coming from one of my modules. Lonnie from Emotiva assured me that the root cause of this hum is electro-mechanical and does not have effect the quality of audio. Even so, he offered to replace the module causing the hum. In my case the hum was only audible within a foot and with dead silence so I didn't bother to tear apart my rig.

The sibilance however continues to grate on me. A flagship amplifier shouldn't sound like this. I have read great reviews of this amplifier and its predecessor (MPS-1). It could be bad modules but something tells me no since it occurs across both channels. I am afraid it's inherent in the design.

So you ended up sending yours back? I do not have that luxury now that I am a year+ into ownership. Maybe I'll hit up Emotiva support again and see what they say. Did they have any comments for you as to the cause of the sibilance?

Thanks,

Paul

Respectfully,

Paul