Sounds odd. Dolby PLllx shouldn’t effect your bass output, AFAIK that is still being handled by your receiver’s bass management system even when DPLllx is enabled. Sounds like you might have an outlaw 990 which does have the capability to attenuate the subwoofer signal by up to 8dB when in stereo mode for music. Perhaps that’s been enabled and for some reason when you switch to DPLllx it’s cutting out and sending the full signal to the subwoofer.

Sorry if that isn’t much help but what you describe shouldn’t be happening.

Originally Posted By: icehawk21

I've been a religious 2-channel music listener but have recently been playing around with Dolby Prologic IIx Music instead. I have to admit, I think I prefer it now that I've dialed in the front soundstage.

How did you get the front soundstage dialed in. I just can’t get it to sound right for some music. Works great for classical concerts and ambient music but with good studio recordings it makes the front soundstage seem flat or compressed. For a long time it made vocalist sound 5 feet wide until I figured out the default settings spread out the center information. Even though I’ve gotten the soundstage balanced out I just can’t get past the tonal differences it’s causing in the front soundstage.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1