I bought a Zune to avoid iTunes and to have enough storage to carry my entire music collection without having to pick and choose what fits. However, the geek in me is constantly drawn to the coolness of touch screens but so far, storage capacity in these fashionably slim models maxes out at 32GB.

I was pretty exited to hear Zune was releasing a touch screen version soon but then quickly disappointed when I read they are sacrificing storage to go for the coolness of slim.

But wait! Under it's wireless features I see it supports streaming music content via Wi-Fi!!! I already do this to listen to my home music library at work or while on the road with my laptop using WinAmp Remote.

Now they could be referring to a Zune subscription service and not support for home media servers but if not, this could solve my problem. I'm not hung up with trying to get audiophile quality via my MP3 player so having the remainder of my 50+GB library only accessible via streaming, would be plenty fine for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Free HD Radio is another interesting feature listed and obviously the big selling feature considering the name. Assuming, of course, you live somewhere where it is available. I guess it might be fun when I travel.

Here is a link to it's brief but official web page.
Zune HD

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.