Here's what I'd do:

I believe that Denon has a ADC to convert analog video inputs to output over HDMI. So, yes, hook the Oppo to the component in which you're going to be using later for the satellite. I think it also has some picture controls to adjust how that input is handled. I'd use those to get the HDMI conversion looking the same as the Oppo and Sony. So you still have 1 cable running to the TV.

Calibrate against the Oppo's output. You are also right, this will not be 100% correct for the satellite, but will get you close. Fortunately component video sources are much more consistent from model to model than the older video connections.

Hook the satellite up. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find test patterns on some channels late at night. If you come across that you might be able to dial things in a little better. Unfortunately every analog channels tends to vary a little from one another. The digital channels are much more consistent.

If the Denon's video controls aren't getting you what you want, then connect the component cables straight to the TV and use it's controls instead. Still run the audio connection from the satellite to the AVR. That will complicate things a little, as you'll need to switch video inputs on the TV and audio inputs on the AVR.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris