Interesting that a few have had problems with the D-Link DIR-655. That's too bad. I have one, and both my boss and a co-worker have bought them based on my recommendations. None of us have had any problems with them.

Mine's great, and is easily the most reliable router I've ever owned. Distances and link speeds are great. The only time I've reset it was when doing a firmware update or two. Even when it's busy (a couple of 802.11N LAN transfers, maxxed-out DSL downloading to a third machine, WiFi print jobs, etc), it's never skipped a beat.

None of us have Zunes nor XBoxes, so perhaps there is an incompatibility there somewhere. It is possible. A long time ago I had a notebook that just would not connect to my Linksys router. There was a known compatibility problem, and a firmware update (on the Linksys) resolved it.

I've heard good things about AirPorts. And the latest Time Capsules look very interesting as well, especially if you have a need for NAS. The true dual-band 802.11ABGN is pretty sweet. As my home computing landscape becomes more and more Mac oriented (the horror!) I'll probably end up getting one. Simply because A) the work well and B) they work with Time Machine.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 06/15/09 05:47 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office