That is exactly my situation; I had planned for DIY, but my time for practice runs is really low right now. Two questions: (1) does AVS have discounts on Stewart, and (2) is the sacrifice on the 2.35 in terms of 16:9 height really worth it? My max width is about 105 inches so that would cut about 10 inches off my 16:9 height if I go with a 2.35 over 16:9.

As for Stewart, I was leaning towards Carada based on a good flow of info from customer service, but Da-Lite prices are lower. So far, I can't really see a difference in all the screens except the frame. I have not come across great Stewart prices and I am at about max budget for the screen in the Carada/Da-Lite price range.

Last, anybody with a semi-light controlled room and a decent LCD display, please let me know your thoughts on White v. Gray. I have so much conflicting information that I'm now lost. Before I spend almost $1000 on a product, I'd like to feel like I have a reason for picking one over the other. Carada says go with Brilliant White, and some on AVS seem to have had success with that. General advice seems to Grey. Da-Lite's screen selection engine offers about 9 "fits" ranging from matte white, to bright white, to high contrast grey. WTF? How can every screen be recomended based on the 197 criteria they make you input?

Help!

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire