Originally Posted By: JohnK
Sam, the fact that only two amplification channels can be assigned to play speakers in zone 2 doesn't mean that a sub can't be used there. You'd also connect speaker wires from the 507 output terminals that are connected to the zone 2 M22s to the speaker level inputs on the sub, or if the sub also has pass through speaker level outputs, you could connect the M22s using them, rather than directly to the 507. You'd have to adjust the sub's variable internal low pass filter control to try to get a good blend with the natural bass roll-off of the M22s.

John, thanks for the advise. Now we just have to make sure I understand what you are suggesting. I would need to purchase a sub that has pass through speaker outputs, which is not something on the run-of-the-mill generic subs, right? Could you suggest some economy level subs that have this feature? Again, sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

The zone 2 is in the living room, and is more just for light background entertainment (music only) rather than serious listening. Which was why I am hoping to only drop 100-200 on a pretty standard sub. And then I could put the savings towards my future Rythmik.

And yes, the TX-SR 507 only allows for analog signals to be played in the second zone, but thankfully this will not be an issue.

M60x2, VP150, M22x2
Sennheiser HD-595
Onkyo TX-SR507, PS3 (40gb)