Originally Posted By: CV
Where in Sweden are you from? I want to visit there sometime, though I'm not exactly sure where. I imagine Stockholm, but I wonder where else I'd want to see.

I am from a small town in southern Sweden called Lund. The best thing with southern Sweden is how close it is to Denmark and Copenhagen specifically.

Stockholm is one of my favorite cities, Gothenborg (Göteborg in Swedish) is also a very very nice city - both are fun in the summer but stay away in the winter :).

Then I would do Copenhagen

One trick for traveling to Europe is knowing that US laws require an airline to go to their home country. So British Airways has to fly to England, Air France to France, SAS to one of the Scandinavian Countries. Why do I say this? If you fly Air France to London they will charge the same as BA to be competitive, BUT they will fly to Paris and then put you on a flight to London. You just tell them you want a 5 day transit stop in Paris going there / coming back and you get 2 cities for the price of 1.... You could even make it longer and fly somewhere else and come back to Paris then board your flight home / alternatively drive around in Europe.

Sorry long OT post \:\)