Yeah, I've read some about some other speakers the Skiing Ninja modified. He's just an aftermarketeer, there are dozens of them around. Some are good at what they do, some not so much. I haven't personally heard a pair of speakers he's tweaked to know if he's good or bad, but I've heard good things about him, so who knows.

The thing is, this industry is one of the most widely diverse enigma's out there because everyone has an opinion, and no two are exactly the same. While one person is unpacking their Axiom speakers, hooking them up, and getting blown away by the way they sound, another person is unboxing theirs, hooking them up and wishing they sounded a bit 'different'. Like he says in his write-up, they make a fantastic speaker, but in his opinion they can use a little smoothing out. That's his right as a consumer to feel that way. I will admit that while pushing my system with the Emotiva these past two weeks, there are things I'd like to change... but they are all within my room, not the speakers.

This 'Skiing Ninja' had another idea, to change the speaker. Hey whatever floats your boat. If he thinks they sound better after his own adjustments, fantastic. If you decide to shell out the money for this tweak (practiacally doubling the price of the M22 while you're at it), and you like it... more power to you. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Hey I bought a perfectly awesome motorcycle brand new, paid $10,000 for it, and it ran like a scalded dog right out of the crate. But I have since sunk almost another $10,000 dollars into her making her 'mine'. Do I know more than Kawasaki does about their ZX-10R? In short... no. But I have to say I do agree with the theory he puts up on his web site. I too believe Kawasaki has to make trade-off's when they mass produce a bike. It's like they bring a bike to 100% of it's performance potential, then they tone it down a few clicks before they unleash it upon the public. Then I go out and buy the parts (full exhaust, Power Commander 3, velocity stacks, thin head gasket, BMC air filter, +3 rear sprocket, etc, etc, etc...) that for me anyway, make the bike even better. Now this isn't for everyone, the majority of riders will leave their bike stock for the most part. Or they'll change the ergonomics by putting heli-bars on it, lower the rearsets, and slap a Corbin seat on it. You see what I'm saying, to each his own.

If he claims to make the M22's sound 'better', keep in mind he means 'better to HIM'... and probably a minority of other people as well no doubt. But the vast majority of people will not tweak their M22's after they purchase them.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD