Well,

Vulture ehh...

I intend to replace some of the crossover caps and inductors as well as pull one of the tweets outta the circuit. I will also TRY to reinforce the cabinet cross member/braces. Dead center of the brace/cross-member I used a sparkplug gap tool to see if the brace is even solid against the side of the cabinet. To my shock it seems to only contact the cabinet in the corners and has gap between the brace and the cabinet of greater than 1mm in some places... perhaps I can squirt more glue in there OMG perhaps this is why glue is all over the place inside here in the first place... Man owhh man somebody did a very sloppy job of jigging the saw when they made these cabinet braces man and appear to have tried to remedy it by squirting carpenders glue in the gaps!

OK at this point I'm very friggin pissed... I'm shocked the braces only contact in the corners... cabinet resonance is greatly affected. I'll try to fix this somehow but I think the cabinet is sonically hindered due to the poor bracing construction. I'll also stick more poly in there..

I will report my results...

Last edited by SolidState; 08/13/09 01:56 AM.