If Ian and Tom are so friggin brilliant as you claim please explain the VP150 to me ehh !?! Dude anybody with half a friggin brain in speaker design knows placing the tweeters in the orientation as is implemented in the VP150 is a horrible design decision. The CTC and combing issues alone in that design is why not a SINGLE OTHER CENTER CHANNEL IN THE BUSINESS IS USING SUCH A DESIGN.

Ok at this point I'm rather turned off by you "Axiomites" For the most part you guys are rude, crass, condescending and patronizing. I really don't want to say this but I'm really stating to think your a bunch of a-holes.

Do I have a reason to be pissed with Axiom? Yes... The first batch of woofers that came with the M80s had the dustcover on the voice coil partly glued on and off center by a shocking margin. The EP500s RCA line level in was bent from the get go and eventually failed and had to be replaced. The A1400-8 failed and had to be replaced. The unit from the get go has had a hum that can't be resolved... well it can if you populate each modified ice module with two speakers. Each module really needs a load on each output or again the hum. Does this mean the amp has design flaws? I dunno... but in looking at the choices made in house on the VP150 one can't help but wonder. Again I want to make it clear I'm not an engineer but I do intend to take the A1400-8 to Kevin and Ed if they'll have me when I'm visiting family in Calgary. They don't have a NASA credentials but I do trust their opinions LOL. I'm very curious what they'd think of the piece. Personally I love it BUT that issue with hum sits in the back of my mind... Specially when coupled with my Axiom experience... and now this forum. Not to mention the cabinet build issues that I personally think is not a problem unlike you knobs... You idiots are more concerned about wood frays than the caps in the bloody crossover or the lack of enough poly or the fundamental CTC combing issues using tweeters as they do in the designs.

Solid-State

PS Now that Axiom knows who I am I'd like them to truthfully answer two questions. What center do you use in your own personal rigs? I assume you have M80 as your mains guys... do you use the factory boxed xover?

PSS Clever the shrink rap on the caps... If I cut into them and they see Teapo I'm gunna be LIVID!I have yet to determine if it's an audio grade cap as the shrink rap covers it. More evidence Skiiing Ninja is full of it as how can he say it's bottom barrel until the shrink rap is removed... owhh wait... the rammed glue into the shrink rap between the cap cylinders. I guess we are never to know!

Last edited by SolidState; 08/20/09 10:33 PM.