John, please explain why Ian introduced the harmonic distortion at 2k with the V2 changes? Perhaps it's an artifact caused by correcting issues from 1k down that plagued the Ti units? The FR is all over the place from 1k down on the old Ti! Sure he fixed this but it added distortion at 2k and I believe it's underplayed by the NRC results. What was the change from ti to v2 anyway? I thought it was mostly a reworked crossover? You know I like the speakers ok... they are good "duty" and a good "price point" and the custom finishes have helped create some lovely installs for me... but what about the VP150 ehh? Why hasn't this product been reworked? I mean with all that test gear and even an environment chamber (toy) and fantastic Anechoic Chamber (not a toy) added in house have not resulted in a design change in a DECADE! They love those Indian metal drivers and have not sourced anything different in a decade and are still using titanium tweeters. The motor design on the tweet isn't of high enough caliber to prevent 2nd and 3rd order harmonics at 25KHz and to source one that doesn't would be hard these days no? OK even in Ian and the boys designed the motor and have tight controls on it's fab I can't help but think it's so... 1980s Is this not why just about everyone else out there at this price point are using silk or something other than titanium? I can tell you the only logic I can come up with why the VP150 driver arrangement still stands is ego... ego like I've been victim to in this forum. If Axiom does all this stringent in house testing with that fancy building and all it's test lab gear why have the speakers not changed fundamentally in a decade in terms of design and materials used?

Solid-State

PS I'm now pulling off the gloves

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 03:04 AM.