Originally Posted By: rvrrat
I found this thread after just pulling the trigger on 4300 worth of wood veneer m80/500 speakers. I certainly hope my build quality is better than what was shown in the pics. Also all of the trashing has me worried on my choice. Not exactly what someone who has spent 4300 usd sight unseen wants to hear. I understand Axiom's return policy, but I would probably be out the extra money spent on Oak wood.

rvrrat:

Be not afraid young Padawan, strong with the axioms, the force is. ;\)

I'll chime in also. I just recently received a pair of M80's, a pair of QS8's and a VP150. I only purchased the black vinyl but the fit and finish is great. I have to admit that I have not pulled the drivers out of the cabinets to have a look but then again I have no intention of doing that. There may be a gap in the bracing... but I have been listening, listening and listening to these speakers since they arrived and I can't hear any bracing gaps.

I have a house that has an open floor plan and the room I have the speakers set up in is asymmetrical and has 20' ceilings. It is a less than ideal setup for - any - speakers. The Axioms sound great to me, even in this less than ideal space. You will have to make up your own mind whether they sound good to you in your room.

I have been involved with music for 30 years or so as a musician and as a listener. There is nothing wrong with these speakers that I can tell. I'm more of a listener than a looker I guess. \:\)

Last edited by jollo; 08/22/09 11:37 PM. Reason: Yodaese