Originally Posted By: Micah

At any rate it sounds like a problem I'm not soon to figure out on my own, so it's still time to hand it over to the professionals.

I again say call UPS, but is there any way you can get another sub (even a buy and return to Best Buy, etc) just to make sure your Denon is having a problem on LFE decoding? No doubt the sub has issues, but if you have a buggy chip that is dropping occasional bombs this problem will occur on any sub. Any, if this is the problem, you would not get the issue on non-LFE material. Just a shot in the dark, I heard you were dying for a few more wild ideas to try.

P.S. - I assume you already tested the ionic polarity by facing the sub to the east and playing Prince's Darling Nikki backwards on a turntable? If you don't hear Willy Wonka doing Gregorian Chant then the DTS sub-matrix is clearly out of whack. That should always be your first test.

For what it is worth, my cheap B&W sub does not output at a super high volume (10" w/ 300 wpc), but I've never heard a peep out of it that didn't sound right - even if "right" was over extension, or bottoming out due to my over zealous volume knob. So don't lower your expectations on this - you deserve a top flight sub for this price and should not settle for less just because we all think Axiom is a great company with great products and even better support. In the end, the product must stand on its own.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire