Originally Posted By: michael_d
 Originally Posted By: Shaun
Had some neighbors over this evening for grilled ribeyes, grilled zuchinni and twice baked taters, and I opened a 2005 Sequel Syrah (made by the same guy that developed the Penfold Grange). It did not disappoint and was very, very good. I would say the taste, aroma, experience was about 80% of the Grande, but at about 20% of the price (the 2001 Penfold Grange is likely best bottle I have ever had..simply incredible...), so this Sequel was certainly nice

Good to know! I will be at the Long Shadow's winery this Oct and will be able to taste all their different lables, including the Sequel.

I like Grange too. Their RWT is right up there with it, for slightly less money. The 707 is another great Penfolds.

Wow, that would be a great visit to their winery..I am jealous! Out here on the right coast, there are several wineries, although the varieties out here are decidedly fruitier and lighter then those on the left coast. I have never had a RWT...I will have to give one a try. Also, since I assume you are in the Pac NW, are you familiar with Apogee wine? I have one sitting in the wine cooler and have never tried one (although I have heard good things about them)

Oh and yep, you can count me as one that uses one of those diffuser thingies...tried it for the first time last night..nice!