Hello all: I've been researching seperates and receivers for M80's for the last several months. What has gained my attention is the B&K AVR 507. This a surround receiver is rated at 185 X7 @ 4ohms; THD 0.09. It has the following abilities: Surround Sound Dolby Digital® • DTS® • DTS ES® • THX EX® • Dolby Pro Logic II & THX Certification Ultra.

This receiver is however from a past generation and is without any HDMI inputs and the latest decoding processes. In reading what one can do to take advantage of the newer processes I believe that by buying a blu ray dvd that has its own processing of the newer technologies I wouldn't be missing much. Also if this player had analogue outputs from the dvd I could easily plug them into the receiver & the sound would be almost as good as with HDMI. In any case I realize that I could buy a Denon or the like just as easily with all I need. But from what I've read this higher end stuff really makes a difference. The newer B&K 705 & 707 costs well into the $3000's. Apparently the 507 cost was similar when it first appeared some 7 years ago. I can pick up a used 507 for about $800. I'd like opinions as to whether or not what I've stated is true, or if you have suggestions for similar performance that would show the M80's at its finest (I don't own the M80's yet). I listen a moderate levels (around 80db) in a 2000 cu ft room and mostly to classical music with a desire to expand to HT. For now I wish to listen without a sub. I hope this is enough info for some responses. Thanks folks....Lee