Hey guys

My theatre room is coming along nicely, hence why I haven't been around too much lately... Been spending 25 - 30 hours a week down there but it's almost done... Exciting!

Anyway, I mounted the QS8's tonight. Long story short, my room has 8' ceilings, but on one side there is a soffit which makes it about a 6.5' ceiling the length of the room about a foot or so out from the wall. Because of this I ran the wiring when I was building the walls at 52" from the floor. I figured this would give me a tweeter height around 56" which I thought was a good compromise between sitting and standing.

Fast forward to today, and the top of the QS8's are at 5' from the ground (3' from ceiling). This puts the bottom of the speaker about 12" above my ears while sitting. Does this sound ok? I couldn't go much more than 6" higher anyway without getting too close to the soffit, and the other side I wanted the same height for form factor and appearance. The FMS stand Axiom sells for the QS8 is only 38" tall.

I haven't mounted the W's in the front yet, but I think I might move them down a hair to about a 50 - 52" tweeter height.

Last edited by Potatohead; 10/22/09 06:41 AM.