The install process seems to automatically go retrieve the latest 'tested' drivers right from the common peripheral companies themselves.

After my fresh install to a clean drive, it already had downloaded the latest nVidia drivers and even extra software for my graphics card, my two monitors worked(and it immediately ran in the highest rez possible on both without me tweaking it,) the drivers and extra software for my web cam mysteriously appeared, my USB hard drive worked, USB flash memory worked, sound card worked, Cannon camera synced..... Everything worked with zero effort on my part.

Software wise, no problems with anything I have loaded so far.
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- Firefox (Note: Not a bug but Firefox tabs don't show as separate previews when you hover over the icon like the new Explorer does. I'm sure they will add the feature later.)

- Loaded Avast's 64 bit compatible anti-virus. Works great. Already saved my azz from a mistyped URL taking me to an infected web page.

- Just using MS firewall, for now.
- Plugged in my Zune and it automatically downloaded a 64 bit version of it's software.
- iTunes worked. (Had to reauthorize PC due to clean install.)

Perhaps most importantly, Everquest II works fine. In fact it's way better than ever now that it can use all 8 MB of RAM. Zoning is almost instantaneous now compared to before.

Only slight issue so far is that when I load my iGoogle home screen in 64bit Explorer, the gmail widget works but the hotmail one won't load. Works fine in 32bit Explorer or Firefox though and of course the actual hotmail web page is fine. So, pretty insignificant at this point.

However.... I should add that the new email client, "MSN Live Mail", allowed me to consolidate my I'net providers POP email, my Hotmail, and my gMail all into one. Very nice. You can see all unread emails in one convenient list, regardless of what type of mailbox it arrived in.

I'm sure there must be some leftovers but they sure seemed to have gotten 64 bit perfected compared to Vista, for sure.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.