Speaking of PC builds, yesterday I replaced my aging hard drive with a new 128GB SSD drive from Crucial (their M225 line).

For those of you who have never run their OS from an SSD before, it is an immediate and amazing change. My entire boot process from POST completion to Win7 login page is around 30 seconds (changed from about 90). However, that is just the beginning... From the time I type my password in and hit enter until Windows has completely loaded, including all of my startup programs (dozens), it takes FOUR seconds. Yes, FOUR. (this was easily a 90-120 second process before the upgrade)

On top of fabulously fast start up times, application use is also screaming fast. Excel, Word, Outlook, Firefox, etc. all open immediately after clicking the icon. (i.e. no loading bar, no delay. It is immediate)

I'm not sure I can go so far to say that the upgrade is worth what the drives cost right now, but if you are a computer geek (you're reading this thread, so you're probably dangerously close at the very least) and don't mind spending a bit more to get the newest technology, it is a very fun upgrade that you will immediately notice.

Happy Shopping. \:\)

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry