Hello guys. Long time no chat. As most of you know I joined the Axiom family about 9 months ago. I had originally bought a complete Klipsch Refference setup but all the speakers that I bought had been sold to me as new, but were actually returned (and in one case, had a blown tweeter)and resealed. In frustration I returned all of them and looked for an alternative. I bought the Axioms and am VERY happy with them. The only issue I have is that the front sound field isn't as engulfing as the Klipsch RC62 that I had. I'm guessing the soundfield was larger from the Klipsch due to the horn speaker that they use.

I have adjusted and readjusted the settings for the center, but have failed to get it anywhere near.
The Axiom has a very clean, clear, and airy sound to it and is not fatiguing to my ears. The Klipsch is a very bright and crisp sound that draws you into the action but can get tiring to the ears after awhile.

The Klipsch had me clutching the couch and made me feel like I was IN the movie. And as enjoyable as the Axiom center is to listen to, it still feels like I'm only WATCHING a movie.

Im tempted to sell my VP150and buy either the RC62 or 64. Seeing as the center does most of the work for film I'm thinking I should do that. I'll be keeping the rest of my Axioms though.

Any ideas from you guys to increase and expand the sound field other than cranking up the volume ?

Last edited by ghost271; 11/09/09 07:03 PM.

Sanyo Z5 HD Projector w/100" screen
Yamaha RXV-663,BD30,HD-A30
Toshiba 55SV670U
M60s
VP150
QS8s