Just wanted to share my experiences from the construction and setup of my small dedicated home theater room. I'm a complete novice when it comes to construction and home theater technology, so I hope this post proves that if I can put together a somewhat decent home theater...anybody can!

CONSTRUCTION BEGINS:

The home theater began as unused room in our unfinished basement. When my wife and I bought our house, the basement was just concrete-brick walls. About two years ago, I framed and insulated the walls and hung drywall so the bedroom above wouldn't be so cold in the winter.

Since that time, we have been using the room for extra storage. In late July 2009, we decided to turn this partially finished room into a dedicated home theater. You gotta love it when your wife/girlfriend/significant other actually says "I think we need to sell our TV, buy a bigger one, and set up a surround sound system." I think I've got a keeper!

This picture was taken in mid-August when the insulation was being pulled down to make room for speaker wire/ethernet cable installation in the floor joists. The rear speaker wire will run through the ceiling and the far wall. Outlet boxes and a conduit have been installed in the wall to accept the wire/cables.

The room through the doorway in the above picture is currently being used for storage as well, but in a few months (early 2010) I'm going to be converting that room into a concession stand/media storage room.

More pictures to be posted soon!