I used to be a semi-regular on this forum but my interests changed and I slowly drifted away from the Axiom boards. But I've got a relatively simple question and I figure you guys can probably point me in the right direction. I recognize some of the screen names here (nickbuol, kcarlile, MarkSJohnson, bigwill2, etc.) but there are lots of new faces as well. So hello to all, and let's see if y'all can help me out.

I have a Denon AVR-3803 and a cheap Phillips mp3 player. I've got a little Y-cable that runs out of the headphone jack into left and right RCA cables, but when I plug into one of the aux inputs on the Denon the signal from the mp3 player is ridiculously low, even with the mp3 player's volume turned all the way up. So at first glance it would seem that I need a preamp for my preamp. I've been completely out of the loop with respect to how technology has evolved in the 2 or 3 years since I last posted here, but I'm relatively certain I'm not the first person running into this issue. Surely there are products on the market that will do what I want (provide a nice, strong signal with minimal expense).

• Please don't tell me to get an iPod and a docking station. I want a solution that works with the gear I already have.
  • I only have one computer. No network, no Wi-Fi, no laptop, no nuthin'. I have a receiver and a cheap mp3 player.

Beyond that I'm open to suggestions.

Slightly off-topic, I had the Denon cranked this weekend and I still love my M22s. I keep saying that one of these days I'm going to break down and spring for a pair of M60s but the 22s just sound too good already. \:\)

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds