So I’ve got my new EP-500 behind the listening position where my old Energy 10” sub was previously and the Energy is now up front between the left speaker and the Television. Overall I am very pleased with the dual sub configuration. For music listening I find the bass seems more integrated with the overall sound and I hear more bass presence from the front soundstage. The EP-500 adds depth that I did not have before, in fact at one point my ears were getting blocked from the pressure , so I dialed it down a bit.

One thing I was a bit surprised when I first connected the EP500 is that it was very quiet, I had the volume control at 50% and could barely hear it and I found that even at full volume, it was still relatively benign. With my Energy sub, I had it set at about 55% of max volume and in my pre/pro I dialed it down – 5 db (to get 80db on my SPL meter)otherwise, it was to much bass. With the EP500 on full volume, I did not perceive it as loud as the Energy at 55%. But after running an SPL check, it was clocking in at 80db, just did not sound like it was. So, I changed my pre / pro setting from – 5db to 0db and then set the ep500 to 70% of volume. That gave me the “umph” was I looking for.

Both subs are xover at 70hz and my mains are Full range. One might think that I would be drowning in bass having tower mains on full and two subs at 70hz.. but that's not the case..If I don't do it that way, I don't get enough bass.. I'm convinced the concrete floor and 4 concrete walls are to blame for that.

It’s a very different sound / experience that I am use to with my 10”. In movies, the sub is excellent, it goes down so much lower than my other sub, I had to dial it down a bit because watching GI-Joe and Transformers it was making things rattle in the room !!

In hindsight, I probably should have gotten a smaller sub than the ep-500 for my room size, especially since I’m running two subs, and it’s a BIG BOX.. I listened to a MJ Acoustics 10" sub that was a tiny box, but quite unbelievable bass sound from such a small box ($800 bucks)

I think I need to tweak some more, but at the end of the day, I'm happy with it and it will stay where it is.

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400