Well, I feel like a bit of a dork (as if that isn't obvious anyway ), as I decided to just start from scratch tonight, and noticed I had the low pass filter in the receiver set at 250 hz . I guess I raised it to max for the Audyssey calibration and forgot to reset it back. I changed it down to 80 hz and noticed a decent difference, especially in the front which I was complaining about earlier. I guess with the filter that high, the fronts aren't getting a full range.

After all this I re-did the sub crawl, and decided to leave it where it is. It's 10 - 12 db higher than other areas of the room there and is mostly not in the way. I re-ran Audyssey, bumped it a couple db, and I really think that is all I can do with it.

I think the best course of action from here is to purchase another, smaller sub in the future, and probably place it in the other rear corner. I'm just annoyed I sold my old one before testing this all in the first place. If I do this though, is there any way to limit the amount of LFE sent to it? I guess it would be a high pass filter which would limit the lows so I don't overdrive it while the SVS is walking in the park.

Last edited by Potatohead; 11/19/09 06:57 AM.