What router would you buy if you were going to get one at this time? I'd like both 802.11n wireless and gigabit ethernet, and I've been looking at the D-Link DIR-655, but I'm open to suggestions. Any tips anyone can give me on networking in general would be cool. I've always done the plug-and-play with networking products, never really tinkering with settings unless I've had to. My network is composed entirely of D-Link products at the moment simply because I've had the best luck with them. I've had Linksys and Netgear in the past, both with problems that I never resolved, but it's been too long for me to remember what they were. What's your ideal network setup? From cable/DSL modem to router to switches, etc. I have CAT6 throughout most of the house, with plans to add even more jacks at some point. The wireless would simply be a convenience for other people, or if I get a handheld device at some point that uses Wi-Fi.

I know, my request for advice beyond a router suggestion is pretty vague. I'm kind of curious what you're all running, though, especially the networking gurus. One thing I'm wondering about is jumbo frames. My main switch supports it, but the couple of smaller switches--like the one at my entertainment center--do not. Does it really impact performance that much?

Anyway, now you can brag about your home networks so I can take notes. Thanks!