Hello fellow Axiom enthusiasts, I finally brought the Axiom Epic60/500 system about one week ago now. It's a fantastic system with a Denon AVC4310 A/V receiver (called AVR4310CI in north America). However I have the very irritating sub hum with nothing connected to it. Currently Brent from Axiom is trying to help me isolate the problem and he has been very helpful. So in the mean time I will try the forum to see what comments come back.
At first Brent thought maybe an internal AMP problem and sent me a new replacement AMP but with the same resulting problem. I have tried unplugging everything electrical in the apartment and tried the SUB in different AC outlets but still hum. My only guess is that it's coming directly from the AC outlet to the EP500. I live in a high rise apartment building in Japan on the 13 level. AC is 100v 50HZ. The new AMP Brent sent was modified to accept 100v 50/60Hz because we thought the difference in Hz might have been causing the problem. I'm thinking I have to put something between the AC outlet and the EP500 power cord to try and eliminate what is coming through the outlet? I appreciate any suggestions you can give me.