So I kind of hijacked another thread with my own dilema on whether to buy a sub to add to my 5.0 surround sound setup or to purchase an amp for my L/C/R.

After much thought, I believe I have decided to go the route of a new sub. A paradigm 3400 was recommended, as was checking out what the Canadian distributors of svs may have to offer in my price range.

Before I walk down that path though I wanted to bounce something off the group. I did write Axiom to ask their opinion and received a prompt reply, but I thought I'd extend it to you folks.

Given the option of a brand new EP350v3 or a 3 year old EP500v2 that I cannot get any warranty support for, what would you choose? Assume cost is close +/- $100.

My previous criteria was that I'm looking for a sub that will go low, <20Hz, for my theatre where 99% of my usage is movies or rock band \:\)

my theatre is approximatly 19x13x8, with m22's across the front behind an AT screen and some borrowed, older B&W surrounds. Size or look of the sub doesn't concern me much, it's a dedicated space.

I was considering making my own at one point, but I'm not convinced I can construct it well enough to meet my preformance expectations.