I have most of the box together, but am still waiting on the driver to drill out the mounting holes. I decided to glue strips of plywood on the back of the mdf so that the screws will have something to bite into. I just don't see t-nuts or hurricane nuts as a better alternative to a simple wood screw.

I've been told that the OAudio amp won't be available until mid January due to a parts shortage. I'm considering going with the Parts Express amp, which would give me greater flexibility with ported designs down the road, but I already cutout the mounting hole for the OAudio. Also, the box was designed for the OAudio as it is a little smaller than I would have liked if I went with a more conventional amp with minimal or no boost at the subsonic cutoff frequencies. With no guarantees for the January timeframe, I may have to find a creative way to patch up the hole and mount the PE amp on the other side.

If anyone has a suggestion for an 500W+ amp/single band eq combo for under $300, I'm open to suggestions.