Guys, havent been on the forum for a while. Hope all Axiomites are doing well and getting ready for the holidays

The reason for this post is the at I have run into a bit of a situation. I purchased my M-60 VaSallo series about a year and a half or so ago. Loved the way they sounded. I used them for about 7-8 months and then ended up putting them back in the box (with the bag and packing and everything) as I was moving. We moved but the speakers stayed in the box for another 8-9 months as I started work on my basement in the new house. Finally the basement was ready and it was time for the Axioms to come out of the boxes again. During this time, I have also replaced my RX-V663 with an 863 (needed an extra HDMI). I hooked it all up this evening but was shocked to hear what the M-60s were sounding like. They are not half as clear and clean as they were 8 months ago. For a moment I thought the issue might be with my new receiver. I have a pair of bookshelf Paradigms. I took the M-60s out and hooked up the Paradigms. They sound as expected. No issues. The clarity and crispness I am used to getting from the M-60s is just not there. I am not sure what could have happened to my M-60s. Many folks would know that the RX-V863 has a 'pure direct' option too. That too did not help. If wiring was an issue, the paradigms should sound funny too. I have banana plugs at both ends, so when I take M-60s out and hook paradigms up, I am actually pulling the banana plugs from the back of my M-60s and sticking them into the bookshelves. Can anybody think of anything that could have happened. I have checked and all drivers are working..

Thanks folks.

M60s, QS8s, VP150 and paradigm Ultracube-12
Samsung BDP-3600, Nintendo Wii