Originally Posted By: JohnK
Seek, welcome. Wherever you got the notion that the M60s might have some unusual power needs, there's no factual basis for it. The 606(and other similar receivers anywhere in the 100 watt area)have plenty of capacity to drive your M60s to beyond safe listening levels. You should be more concerned with yourself rather than about "short-changing" a mere tool.

Well, I am still in the learning process with home theater and I don't have much experience outside of my current system right now. The reason I posted this thread is to get advice from more experienced members, such as yourself, to guide me in the right direction.

I am pretty sure reading about specs and components on forums is quite different from actually experiencing it yourself, hence my concerns.

If you feel like the 606 is more than enough to drive these speaks, then I am more than willing to pull the trigger. I just had my reservations, being somewhat new to this and all.

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but I am somewhat offended when you say I need to be more concerned with myself than short-changing some tool. I have certain expectations, considering the amount of money I will be spending on this hobby and I want the best experience I can get for the money. If this hobby entails these "tools", why do we go out of our way to spend so much money on them.

My apologies if I misread your post. Just looking for answers.

Seeking

Speakers: Energy RC-70s, RC-LCR, RC-Rs and eD A2-300 x 2.
Receiver: Marantz 6006