Originally Posted By: Seekinganswers
So from what I've gathered so far, any decent priced receiver should be able to drive these speakers with good sound quality at normal listening level. That is more than enough for my needs right now because I am more interested in detail than just pure volume. This eases a lot of my concerns and will save me a lot of money not having to extra for a pre/pro and amp off the bat.

Hi Seeking - I am 9 months into Axiom ownership so far. I also moved from entry level Polks into the Axiom W series. I did a crude A/B comparison when I first received the W22's and W150 with a much smaller and inferior amp compared to the Onkyo you currently have. The difference between the Polks and Axioms was incredible. I could hear nuances to guitar and string instruments that were just non-existent with the Polks. The reason why I say all of this is because 1) the W series is a compromise compared to the M60's you are considering and 2) the amp I was using at the time was inferior to your Onkyo and my experience was still a fantastic improvement - so it stands to reason with a better amp and better speakers you should be very pleased with the improvement you will get in sound quality.

Keep us posted and good luck with your purchase decisions1

Cheers,

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1