I forgot to point out that it also helps you appreciate each component more when you unwrap it, plug it in, and enjoy just that piece rather than plugging 15 things into eachother. Don't get me wrong, you'll love a 9.1 system right out of the gate just fine. It's just a bit more savoring when you put it together one or two pieces at a time.

I think you've done a very good job at researching your purchase so far. Many out there run out and buy the first thing that they see when they walk into a big-box store or open the first page of a Home Audio magazine without ever giving it a listen, weighing the pro's and con's, pricing the competition, or posting on a company's forum to see what the people who live with their products on a daily basis have to say about them. So kudo's to you for that.

Not wanting to mix-n-match speakers was also where I was at when I bought my Epic 80/800 combo. My previous HT system was comprised of not only different types of speakers (of my 6 surround speakers, 2 were direct radiating, and the other 4 were diffuse surrounds), but also two different manufacturers (Cerwin Vega towers, center channel & subwoofer. Cambridge Soundworks surrounds). At the time I was very happy with what it did for me. Keep in mind I was upgrading from a simple, cheap Sony rack system with Aiwa surround and center channel speakers... so just about anything would have been an improvement. But once it was time to upgrade again, I wanted to go with one company for all of my speaker needs, much as you are (besides your subwoofer). The reason for this is I didn't want to mix my mains that might be laid back sounding, with surrounds that might sound brighter... or vice/versa. I was also thinking about the asthetics, since the room they were going into doubles as our sales room, I wanted everything to 'flow', as well as possible.

I'm not here to say I have any regrets what-so-ever with my choice, as my expectations were exceeded beyond my wildest dreams... but I will say that I wouldn't go as far as to say that if you don't match all of your speakers to one brand name then you're doing something wrong. I think it's just up to whoever is putting together the HT system to decide if they want them all to match or not. So if you don't want to use your old speakers in your new system, if that works for you then go for it.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD