Micah,

You're really giving me a lot of great insight, and it's great to know that your earlier experience with HT is similiar to the way I want to do things.

One of my favorite things to do is consumer product research. I find something I am really interested in and try to learn as much as I am able. Sometimes, a lot of the more technical stuff goes way over my head, but it's always fun to read. As far as I am concerned, I think Axiom is a great value and great brand of speakers and I am sure everyone on this forum can attest to that.

The reason why I said I didn't know how to explain why I don't want to mix my speakers is because I didn't want to sound like I was getting too big for my own breeches. I really didn't want to mix two different quality speaker brands together. I'd rather piece the axioms together one by one and enjoy the sound quality on their own. I can be patient in that respect. I didn't want to cheapen the experience (I hope I don't offend any polk audio fans) by mixing lower quality speakers with the axiom. It really isn't Polk Audio's fault that I decided to go with their entry level speakers as my first foray into HT. I am sure their higher tier speakers are great.

Well, have to cut this short, will finish when I get back. Work calls.

Seeking

Speakers: Energy RC-70s, RC-LCR, RC-Rs and eD A2-300 x 2.
Receiver: Marantz 6006